Friday, May 26, 2006

Well then now for college life.(If at times you find me terse or brief it is because I am typing this out for the second time after the computer ate my first attempt). The first day in college was a big hassle(too much of one if you ask me). Anyway I got into G- Batch which was a batch you wouldnt wish on your worst enemy. But then again it wasn't all that bad. It suited me because there wasn't too much of a competition anyways.
Academically I felt the course wasn't all that challenging. Two incidents come to mind immediately about my first semester.First was a debate on what constitutes the Baser Instincts of the Human Pshyche with Srimati M'aam. The second was when I very patiently explained to Mr.Pitchyandi why I felt that the effort spent in bringing the Drafter to college was too much in comparision to its usefulness. He of course had the last laugh and I got a B in ED. Other than that there weren't that many surprises. Though I did botch up my chem end sem.
Now CompSoc membership is really worth it inspite of Raghav. You even end up liking his stand-up act which is mandatory at every meeting. But seriously I felt that Sparks was a really good event. It also helped me get to know a lot of my fellow students. I met Vijay for the first time at the meeting for JAM. Ganesh too was there as he was co-ordinating Oddz N Endz.The meetings for both took place together usually. Now Srivats(the little version) and I hit it off from the beginning. We seem to have this amazing rapport and we had a lot of fun there. Of course there were 3-4 girls in the committee but we let "Vijay handle them"(He seemed to have a way with girls you know). Well Sparks meetings were characterised for me by goofing with srivats, slanging with santhosh and funning with asad and of course pulling raghav's legs.
The event itself was awesome and I really enjoyed judging Jam and Spin a Yarn(the latter I did with santhosh and this led to quite a few laughs). The event was won by a childhood friend of mine(Karthik). Brainscan was nice too I suppose(didn't really get myself into it all that much).The semester ended with me having watched only two movies(Ghajini and Majaa).
The second semester now was a whole different story. We instantly formed a group (Vijay,Siva,Srivats(kuchi),Sanjay and myself-Prashanth,Vishnu and Nitin got added on later as did Nari I suppose(Excepting Nari the other three were all A-Batch maybe that had something to do with it)).
From the beginning we hit it off with our EVS lecturer. The Debate we gave during the first session was actually pretty well received though Aishwarya and Samaya were shouting at the top of their voics like a pair of whatever and when Vijay and Prashanth entered the fray it was left to Myself with a little help from Siva to be the sole voice of reason. My attempts at enlivening the other debates got me described as an arrogant,superior attituded and sundry other itemed fellow. But unmindful of this I soldiered on for the enlightenment of my fellow students.
On a an exactly opposite note, I and my maths professor"did not hit it off" at all right from the beggining as is epitomised by my internals. This semester was actually more fun because of Abacus( a really cool event) and Techofes. Not having participated in Agni and Eureka during the first sem I decided to give it my all in Techofes and SURPRISE!SURPRISE! I won the English Debate along with Santhosh and placed second in Extempore(which Raghav judged by the way).I of course refuse to write here what happened in the final event of the show(this is after all my blog).
On a note of caution,very early on we noticed that Raghuram came with a "HANDLE WITH CARE" sign. Other incidents that have stuck in the minds of my fellow students include my EVS seminar classes and the "OH GOD I CANT BELIEVE THIS" digi lab incident.And yeah Vijay ranting and raving at me whem he learned I got perfect internals in EVS(actually a lot of people did that not only Vijay).
Academically I felt the courses for the second semester were more challenging. I really enjoyed Digital and E-Mech.PDS Lab was god awful bad,while PDS taught me a whole new meaning for the word slacking(GAWD I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt gone through that).Phy was okay i suppose.
The really good part were Lenin na's classes and VC's 32. God! but coming up with V+97 and FAT 32 were really wonderful. Life got pretty routine towards the end. You do some VC bashing, go to canteen for coffee and getting Vishnu to eat his GODDAM breakfast or lunch or whatever. Some more VC bashing Lenin na's classes and finally home.
Sunil is one fellow I have not mentioned so far and that is beecuse I myself am not sure how to describe the fella. He is almost eccentrically genius stuff. Awesome at drawing and pulling VC's leg. There simply isnt anyone better.
Another glaring omission so far is NCC NAVY. Why somebody would want to fight off the competition from 150 students to get selected to what basically is an organisation where they can do almost whatever they want to you physically,I have no idea.I did it and what's more I am now off to BOOT CAMP and don't know how or if I will return. Hence the hurry to get this to you before I leave(I want the world to know what my life was like- there isnt going to be another like me anytime soon). If you have any prayers toss them towards Lonavala for me. Signing off - Cheeku.
We will next meet with my recount of the camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home