Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hi You All. This started out as an attempt at a diary. But first lets get you introduced to the fellow whose life we are going to get a sneak peek at (that's me by the way). I was born on the 14th of November in the year 1987. I am told I was the cutest chubbiest boy around back then(I know I still am - but modesty refrains me from saying it). I lived the first 19 months or so of my life in Bangalore and then I shifted to Madras.

Now to school life. My first day at school. I remember it vividly. I was calm, cool and collected when I went in. But then try being surrounded by forty kids crying at the top of their lungs and damn but you are tempted to cry too(which is what happened as I explained very patiently to my parents " No worries mom and dad-I am a big guy" I said).

Highlights of my kindergarten were getting jaundice and getting over my stage fright to first be a parrot in a song and dance and then as the venerable " Hot Cross Buns" lad. First std saw me become a wounded sailor. In second yours truly was a Tribal Fella( I was a girl really owing to my school being a boys school). Then came the highpoint of my stagelife. In third I got the role of Goldilocks and my portrayal of this blonde was so impressive I was singled out for special praise(I am being modest here). Got very famous in school after that. Started getting called Goldi by my seniors( That by the way was my second nickname - the first being Cheeku of course).

On to middle school then. I was topping my class year in and year out. Very popular and all. This was actually the lean part of my school life. Nothing much interesting happened except our school became a co-ed of course(Not that it created that big a stir). Hit my all time low in the sixth(came very near to flunking language then).

Well life looked up after that. I captained the school volleyball team(did so for the rest of my school life).I was a part of the school team which went to the quarterfinals of the TNCA during my eigth(and oh yeah I played for the state baseball team too that year). The hype around my tenth results lead to my second low. I scored 87% and there was a "Oh Shit" expression on most of my teacher's faces.

But me being me I bounced back from that really strongly. Had a great time during my eleventh partying, playing, bonding with the guys(any snickers and i will cream you). I actually took part in dancing competitions, started playing football for my school and surprise!surprise! even went to satyamurthy's for iit coaching. I cottoned to the fact that preparing for IIT was way too much work as far as I was concerned. Chucked it. Became the SPL(something I was touted to be since eigth std) won the zone football competition, got a name for arranging events. CHESSA(the farewell we conducted for my seniors was voted the best in the last 5 years and guess who was the backbone of the entire thing- yep ME) and later DANKE(final year Teachers day celebrations) are still talked about. Other than that I left behind a couple of legends which cant be told here.

Ah then of course I came school first. Did amazingly well in the entrance. Got into Anna Univ- Comp Sci(I also did B.Sc Phy in Vivekananda for a brief period). And there ends My School Life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vijay Chidambaram said...

Some intro da! Reads more like list of what u achieved! :)

Good one da! But seriously, come on, do in some emotion too - this was literally like the first page of your biography!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Vijay Chidambaram said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:20 PM  
Blogger C.GANESH said...

not the first page my friend.. i think his entire biography in one page...

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home